My Mutual is a medium sized company with a small technical team. You would be one member on a team of three and vital to the workflow of the entire organization. As the team is small Generalists wear several hats and are the ‘go-to’ expert on any technical issues. Being self-motivated and an independent worker is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to multitask across priorities and shift work focus
- Handle any technical issues that are reported to you
- These issues can include but are not limited to:
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Commercial off the shelf software troubleshooting (COTS)
- Creating and managing tickets with COTS provider
- troubleshooting, diagnosing and adapting/repairing our in-house developed custom software
- Maintaining in-house developed custom software
- Building software tools as requested by colleagues (C#)
- Data Management and report generation (SQL)
- Set up/manage broker and employee accounts
- Set up/manage products and automated processes within COTS (Java)
- Tracking and notifying company of expected software updates/down time to the system
Computer Science degree, Computer Systems Technology diploma or other related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have experience with SQL, C# and System Administration. They will thrive working predominantly independently. Excellent prioritization and organizational skills. Able to balance multiple demands and communicate across teams. They are not afraid to ask questions and dig into issues. They will enjoy having strong agency over all aspects of their projects, are results motivated and want to learn all areas of a business.