My Mutual offers a unique culture focused on teamwork and growth. You would be one member on a team of three and vital to the workflow of the entire organization. As the team is small, Generalists wear several hats and are the ‘go-to’ expert on any technical issues. Being self-motivated and an independent worker is essential.
An IT generalist will thrive working predominantly independently, using excellent prioritization and organizational skills. If you are able to balance multiple demands and communicate across teams, and not be afraid to ask questions and dig into issues, this may be the position for you! A successful candidate will enjoy having strong agency over all aspects of their projects, be results motivated, and want to learn all areas of a business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to multitask across priorities and shift work focus
- Handle any technical issues that are reported to you
- These issues can include but are not limited to:
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Commercial off-the-shelf software troubleshooting (COTS)
- Creating and managing tickets with COTS provider
- troubleshooting, diagnosing and adapting/repairing our in-house developed custom software
- Maintaining in-house developed custom software
- Building software tools as requested by colleagues (C#)
- Data Management and report generation (SQL)
- Set up/manage broker and employee accounts
- Set up/manage products and automated processes within COTS (Java)
- Tracking and notifying company of expected software updates/down time to the system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Computer Science degree, Computer Systems Technology diploma or other related experience.
- Experience with SQL, C# and System Administration an asset
My Mutual offers excellent benefits, and an Earned Day Off every other Friday, and on top of that, you will be working with a team that feels like family!
My Mutual thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.